Re: Wordlist status ?

--- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> With all the recent action on Fedora and Gnome (and a bit on KDE),
> what is the status of Wordlist ?  We had noted that we'd release
> a wordlist once a letter completes all its multi-translations.
> Can someone in the know (ie. Ahmad/Ossama) tell us where we are at ?

Last time I was working on full_wordlist_Y.po adding multiple meanings.
I stopped work on that since I went crazy on finishing Fedora.
To be honest, we can't just keep at it at a fast pace (IMHO) just me and
AlRasheedan!
We really need some help here.

> The project blurbs date back to March of this year.

Yeah, and that is ought to change once I'm off of Fedora ISA.

> While at it - any thoughts on how to proceed on this static project

Working on wordlist isn't just "OK, I'll use this word" as much as reading one
good source and sometimes trying to google or read complete articles just to
find out a meaning of something.
Anyway, with the help of more people we can get going at a much fast pace.
The idea is simple. Me and Ahmad can concentrate on new words, while others
interested can check the already translated words and add multiple translations
and add them.

> (keep in mind that Wordlist is probably the one project who's words
> don't change from release to release - ie. you won't lose any of your
> work on it :-)

Yes, very true. For a while, I felt like all the hard work I was investing in
the Fedora project went in vain. Anyway, _all_ projects will always
change/add/remove stuff and that's the situation for any thing that evolves
(IMHO).

Again, any volunteers for this project?

> I'm anxious to get this done since I think its high
> time we started looking into an ar.Wordlist project (ie. Arabic to
> English this time around and not vice-versa :-)

Sure. That's a very important thing. ISA we'll make it true ASAP.

> Salam and keep up the Wonderful work everyone !!

Thank you :)

=====
regards,
Ossama Khayat