Re: Confused about justification

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Salam,
>
> When a line starts with a latin character, that whole
> line will be left-justified until the next newline
> character. If the line starts with an Arabic
> character, the whole line will be right-justified.
> Thats how it looks in Kbabel, but I don't know if its
> going to look that way too in the Fedora installer.

Logically, it should all be RTl (right-to-left). So, even if it shows this way
in KBabel, that shouldn't be the case in any program.

> If it will look that way too in the installer, its
> going to be really really ugly. All the word orders
> will be wrong. What should we do? The only solution
> I've found is to put an Arabic apostrophe "؛" to the
> beginning of the line.

I don't think is a good idea/solution at all.
One thing I do, is to always try to start the line with an Arabic word. If not,
type the Arabic portion first and then add the English word that has to be at
the beginning.
If you're really worried, you can copy the text and have a look at it in gedit,
or katoob or any GTK based editor. Try this, specially when you have a number
like 2.5 in the middle, where you have the decimal that breaks up all letter
shaping/joining. This still is a bug, that AFAIR Isam Bayazidi reported a year
back but still it's not fixed, at least in KDE3.2, please verify.

> Should I continue doing this?

No please don't.

=====
regards,