Re: CVS: translate/fedora dist.po

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com> wrote:
[...]
> So much for the substantial progress :-(

Don't worry. You're already doing a great job.

> Only managed to translate 184 messages today, though I
> was hoping for 250 or thereabouts. It takes on average
> 6 minutes to translate a message in this file. It now
> has 2200+ messages. We need 220 hours to finish it!

hmmm.. Since I'm done with the other file (initscripts.po), maybe we can find a
way of splitting the file into two (or three) and each of us (and anyone?) can
work on it at the same time, Youcef?

> Even if we get 4 people to work on the file at once
> each one will have to work 55 hours from now until the
> deadline. We just can't do it.

Man, take it easy :) I can spare 6 hours a day (Mon, Tue, Wed) and say 10 more
on Thurs. starting from 12am, i.e. 28 hours ISA and I'll have just this file to
work on.

[...]
> Is there a command I can use to view a list of the
> packages installed on my system?

'rpm -qa' would show you ALL of the RPM package names.

> I'll send the file to Youcef for CVSing...

Can you plz CC me, just to avaoid any delay in case he's busy.

=====
regards,
Ossama Khayat