Re: file translation

--- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote: > ---
Mohammed Gamal <f2c2001 at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> > --- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> > > Mr. Gamal, may I suggest you work on the
> Wordlist -
> > > it __REALLY__ needs attention and some much
> needed
> > > translations.
> >
> > I'd really love to, I have worked on the wordlist
> before
> > and I felt lost, I didn't know what to do and I
> wasn't
> > sure that my translations were correct, but I'll
> try to
> > work again on the wordlist.
>
> I believe the wordlist (Mr. Al-Rasheedan, do please
> correct
> me if I'm wrong) is ongoing 2 sets of functions at
> the present
> time,
>
>  1. The addition of multiple translations to terms
> (delineated
>     by '::').  I believe work had started on the
> '_A' file as
>     well as '_X', '_Y' and '_X' [1].  It would be
> best if you
>     started with '_B' on (if you need someone to
> review some
>     of your work, do please state so - no problems).

Actually Yes, I'd like to :-)

>  2. The translations of the much harder (more
> esoteric) words
>     in the 'new' directory [2].

I won't touch this one :-p

> As has been noted before, this project is VERY
> important and
> its static (ie. it won't change with releases like
> others do :-).
> Upon completing this project we are to move to the
> more challenging
> Arabic-to-English wordlist among others.
>
> Your help and comments are much needed/appreciated.

I'll try to do some work on the wordlist and I'll try
to work as hard as I can.

BTW: I'd like to apologize for the fact that I'm not
contributing much lately, I'm trying to utilise this
summer vacation to gain more skills and knowledge. I'm
eating a lot of computer books these days, I'm
learning C/C++, Perl, .NET so I'd like to apologize
for this.

Thanks,

http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/translate/wordlist/new/