Re: Mandrake Translation

On Thursday 22 January 2004 15:42, Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
> Salam All,
>
> I have imported Mandrake's POs to our CVS and created a page for it:
>
> 	http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Mandrake
> 	http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/translate/mandrake
>
> I'll be the translation coordinator (maybe not forever ;), which means that
> I'll be in charge of sync'ing our CVS and Mandrake's. I'll be translating
> and checking too.
>
> Sorry Munzir, but we really needed to get this going rather quickly :-)

Nice job, Youcef. Need need to apologize. You have done the correct thing.

> So, what does this means for you all ? It simply means that there's another
> Arabeyes Translation project out there awaiting for your little hands to
> work on it :-)

I will begin today. Just to avoid conflicts I will begin from below. [z->a]
BTW: why xmms is here? This should  have nothing to do with Mandrake, right?

> More seriously, I personally see Mandrake's Arabic l10n as important as
> GNOME or KDE ones. So, more than ever, we are in real need for serious
> tran,slators here.

> Having only two translators, each one translating 100 strings/week (which
> is nothing) will allow us to finish the translation (checked and all) in 15
> weeks time (which is _relatively_ short ;-).

I will do  my best.

--
Munzir Taha
PGP Key available:

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA