Re: How to translate this sentences?

--- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:
> I agree with Ossama translations after your nice touches except in two cases
> > >
> > > نظام الملفّات journaling
> >
> > نظام ملفّات مسجّل يوميا ؟
> I doubt that it's journaled daily or it will be worse than an ext2fs ;) so
> leave it as Ossama suggest or come with a translation that explain its
> function more accurately

I believe that like FAT, NTFS, EXT3 and other filesystems Journaling is just
another one (AFAIK) and should still be 'journaling'.

> > > تجزيء الإقلاع
> >
> > تجزئة الإقلاع
>
> In general,
> Partitioning should be translated as
>  تجزئة
> but
> Partition as
> جزء أو قسم

The reason I used تجزيء is to make it something unique. What I think of
this work is something like 'being partitioned' and I wanted to look it up in
some Arabic dictionary.

> > > أماكن التّجهيز
> >
> > نقاط التّركيب
>
> نقاط التجهيز
> is more common

When you mount something, you link (refer) to it from a certain place, and
that's why I used Amaken instead of Noqat.

> > > التجزيء الجذر
> >
> > تجزئة جذرية

This would mean "Root partitioning"

> > > مساحة الذّاكرة البديلة
> >
> > حيّز (فضاء) المبادلة ؟
> here I agree with Ossama because it's more common and simpler

:)

My 2c...

=====
regards,