Typing arabic for non-arabic speaker

Salam,

I've been trying to find information how to type arabic text along with latin
(mixing bidirectional) in Linux environment, especially using KDE.

I have searched this mailing list and found that now I can enable arabic GUI
and arabic html in Linux, using standardized i18n and unicode fonts. But my
associates wants more using Arabic Windows as the sample. What I don't know
are:
1. Using friendly word processor (maybe if there is ArabTex in GUI) to type
bidirectional text. OpenOffice is available in bidirectional feature, but is
this a standard feature, or just a tweaked version.
2. Creates arab-like character, with different charset (e.g. Arabic Jawi text)
using my custom fonts.
3. Using existing non-unicode Arabic Windows fonts in Linux.

These needs are came up as my associates used lots of fully harkat arabic
text. I have tried to create a windows-1256 html, but displayed bizzarely in
Linux environment (Konqueror/Mozilla) as it didn't recognize 0 width
character.

And lastly, how can I use strict fatha/kasra/dhammah when typing in MS Word
(on Arabic Windows)? I viewed the font (traditional arabic) and sure that it
has the correct character, but couldn't find way to get it.
--

--jim.