Re: Calendar Program

Salam

Excuses for being so late...

On Thursday 24 October 2002 01:44, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> --- Mohamed Eldesoky <arabi hotpop com> wrote:
> > I think this is similar to what Amin Moro wants to do
> >
> >   http://freshmeat.net/releases/100944
>
> Thanks for the link it was very enlightening and useful.

Snifff  ;((  I could't execute yet under jdk1.4... i might read the doc,
instalation, registration... But  the screenshot and features are really
great :)

> A couple of things to note,
>
>  1. I didn't see the source code for that java application.
>     It was bundled as JAR (Java Archive) files.

It's released under sun binary code license, so i suppose we can't expect any
source code to be released:

"
                       Sun Microsystems, Inc.
                   Binary Code License Agreement

1.  LICENSE TO USE.  Sun grants you a non-exclusive and
non-transferable license for the internal use only of the accompanying
software and documentation and any error corrections provided by Sun
(collectively "Software"), by the number of users and the class of
computer hardware for which the corresponding fee has been paid.
"

>  2. Mr. Moro's work is KDE specific and as such it differs
>     in principle to what plexglobe-1.1 is doing.  That doesn't
>     mean there aren't things which one application should
>     "learn" from the other, there are various 'cool' features
>     in each application -- both, on the other hand, lack
>     Arabic localization (ie. numbers and month/day/year
>     names in Arabic)

Plexglobe is a really great (and huge) application.

What i'm working on is a bit different. I'm working on a small framework to
add diferent calendar systems support to kde libraries. It would allow for
current applications date localization and, it would be marvellous ;) ,  the
future development of apps such as plexglobe. Currently, KOrganizer support
if a work in progress...

It's true... i'll add language localization as soon as possible...  0:)

Best regards
Amin