Re: utf-8 in browsers

--- Mohammed Sameer <Uniball gmx net> wrote:
<SNIP>
> My Inbox Happily Received This From Walid Shaari @ 03 Nov 2002 17:16:47
> > > 1. Does Mozilla support other languages in its compose/reply buffers ?
> > >    If it does, shouldn't we ask for proper Arabic support there too ?
> >
> > There is a test in Linux Egypt by Alaa (*The Great*) ;-) that shows he
> > can write Arabic in Mozaila, Alaa correct me if I am wrong
>
> yes it was Alaa and me but we were using Galeon NOT Mozilla
> but i think that mozilla should work too

(- AND -)

"Sayed Jaffer Al-Mosawi" <yamyam rocketmail com> wrote,
> To write in mozilla in utf-8 encoding, you need to just change
> the encoding to utf-8 and write using arabic keymap.

I'm not sure the two statements above jive.  Also keep in mind that
some of us are not on linux systems (and don't possibly have access
to Gnome/KDE and are without Arabic locale :-) I'm forced to use
a workstation which I have no control over running Unix/solaris
(this question, in passing, should also be of interest to windows
users).  In short if the application (in this instance Mozilla) has
that support, do please let us know how best to utilize it - otherwise,
if there is a hack, what's becoming of it.  Will the hack/code be
available to users ?  Has (or will) it be submitted to mozilla.org ?