Fwd: Re: Kstars.po questions..

Hope this answers you..

Subject: Re: Kstars.po questions..
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 19:00:30 +0100
From: Stefan Asserhäll <stefan dot asserhall at telia dot com>
To: Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at arabeyes dot org>
Cc: kde-i18n-doc at kde dot org

On Sunday 03 November 2002 20.25, Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> Hi all ..
> One of the Arabic translation team members, Jasem Mutlaq, asked sent a
> question about the kstars PO file that I was not sure about .. so I thought
>
> maybe you can help us here:
> > I invoke xgettext using keywords -ki18n and -kI18N_NOOP and the resulting
> > .pot
> > file includes the first argument "azimuth of object as it rises above
> > horizon", but the "Azimuth at rise" string is not there.
> > Any ideas?

Maybe you are not using the patched xgettext that KDE requires
to handle the "extended" i18n?

If this is the case, you can compile gettext-0.10.35 after applying the
patch that is in "kdesdk/scripts/gettext.patch". Also, you should
probably use make to run gettext for you, instead of doing it manually.

However, I usually let the automatic merge in CVS handle updates
to po-files. In this way, I never need to merge them myself.

Hope this helps,
Stefan Asserhäll