Re: utf-8 in browsers

My Inbox Happily Received This From Nadim Shaikli @ Sun, 3 Nov 2002 20:46:59 -0800 (PST)
> I'm not sure the two statements above jive.  Also keep in mind that
> some of us are not on linux systems (and don't possibly have access
> to Gnome/KDE and are without Arabic locale :-) I'm forced to use
> a workstation which I have no control over running Unix/solaris
> (this question, in passing, should also be of interest to windows
> users).  In short if the application (in this instance Mozilla) has
> that support, do please let us know how best to utilize it - otherwise,
> if there is a hack, what's becoming of it.  Will the hack/code be
> available to users ?  Has (or will) it be submitted to mozilla.org ?

attached a screenshot showing mozilla's arabic support "notice the arabic text in the search entry"
i'm using an en_us locale, just have an arabic keyboard layout active.
i tried printing from mozilla to a postscript file, opening it with ggv produced squares instead of arabic text

--
-- Katoob Main Developer