Re: VIM Arabic Patch Qn

Nadim Shaikli wrote:
--- Arafat Mohamed <amohamed lallygag net> wrote:

I downloaded the patch and installed fine. I can display arabic great. One question I have is how do I type in arabic? When I do that, I get latin characters.

Salam.

The answer to your question depends on,

 1. If you are using vim-6.1.0 then the patch you used is most likely
    a bit dated (ie. no help noted within -- I need to remedy this issue,
    I know :-)  But you will need to do the following things within vim
    after setting the "guifont",

      :set encoding=utf-8
      :set keymap=arabic
      :set arabic

I get "Keymap not found". Also, I get a "sorry, no help for arabic" when I do a :he arabic

Is it possible that I installed this incorrectly? I got the windows binaries from the cream project.

Thanks for the response,
Arafat Mohamed