Re: VIM Arabic Patch Qn

--- Arafat Mohamed <amohamed lallygag net> wrote:
> I downloaded the patch and installed fine. I can display arabic great.
> One question I have is how do I type in arabic? When I do that, I get
> latin characters.

Salam.

The answer to your question depends on,

 1. If you are using vim-6.1.0 then the patch you used is most likely
    a bit dated (ie. no help noted within -- I need to remedy this issue,
    I know :-)  But you will need to do the following things within vim
    after setting the "guifont",

      :set encoding=utf-8
      :set keymap=arabic
      :set arabic

 2. If you are using the CVS version of VIM (ie. vim-6.1.350), then
    after setting the "guifont" you only need to,

      :set arabic

Then when you 'i' (insert) or 'a' (add), Arabic will be selected for
you -- to switch use the CTRL-^ key.

Do please read the README file supplied with the Patch.