Re: dictionary database

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 19:13:01 -0500
Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at fakkir dot net> wrote:

> As we have previously talked in private, this is how I would like the interface
> and the table to be like:
>
> 1. The table should include:
>
> english word (primary key), arabic translation, brief description, status
> (approved,pending).

sure that's ok but i'd like to add a column for the ID "auto_increment"so it'd be easier for changing from pending to approved

> another table should be setup to include editors email addresses, and
> password.. plus a userid (primary autoincrement).
>
> 2. Two pages will need to be set up, one for the editors and one for the
> public:
>
> public page - query option, and the option to add more words, translations,
> description (meaning, etc.)
>
> editors page - include all the above features, plus the ability to change the
> status from pending to approved. prompt for email, and pass to verify user,
> etc.
perhaps here we can add an option to add users & emails?

> Only approved words will be pulled by the sql query.
>

> This is just a quickie plan, please feel free to improve upon it. Just keep it
> simple.
>
> later

do we have a design for the interface "public page"
or shall i make it integrate with the main site design?
also the interface'd be arabic or english?

i'll work on the database & SQL queries today so we don't waste time
the interface can come later...

salam,

-
- Mohammed Sameer