Re: Draft proposal

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 07:45:26PM -0500, Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> > 1. Omit all parts defining Arabeyes project (and stick w/ defining how
> > Arabeyes functions, not what it is).
>
> Well the reason that those was added because there is no legal document that
> defines What is Arabeyes .. and what is the Aims, and Goals .. so that it
> will be the FIRST approved difnition and listing of aims and goals in Arabic.
> Antoher thing is that I refered to a legal constitution ion another
> organization ( I couldn't write this document in this format our of my brain)
> and it seems that the first few articles in EVERY legal docuemnt that serve
> as a constitution of an organization are there for the definition perposes,
> so that it is known that ALL the rest of the document is AIMed to serving
> those goals and definition .. I feel strongly about having them there..

Okay, although this was not meant to be a 'legal' document, it might as
well be. That's fine w/ me.

> I did not get this point at all :-) are you talking ( commenting) about an
> existing article ? or something that you see missing ?

Where you say this is a volunteers only effort, etc. make sure it does
not exclude (or restrict us) from allowing paid-for employees of
external companies to work on Arabeyes projects.

> I am finalizing it now will commit in the next 2 hours .. as proposed .. if
> you FEEL like giving YES for the whole document that will MEAN that you
> approve ALL articles .. if now, PLEASE vote per article, or point out the
> articles that have a vote other than YES ( that is if Yes is the most common
> :-) )

I am not in favor of this kind of voting. Vote yes/no on the whole
thing. Otherwise this could drag on forever. There will be parts that
some of us may not like, compromise, big deal.. If it's a big issue then
make a point of it, otherwise vote yes or no on the whole thing.

later