Re: Draft proposal

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 07:52:14PM -0500, Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> salam all ..
>   well I did commit 3 revisions of the file LOCALCVS/ae_admin/draft_charter (
> strange that the LOCALCVS mail list did not inform me .. did you get a
> notification ? ) ..

I was mucking around with the loginfo script, and so it gave in garbage,
sorry. It should work now.

> Please discuss the charter per article, not as a whole .. and we will vote
> for it per article, possible votes please are (YES/NO) .. in case fo a tie we
> will reformat the article to make it satisfy the majority .. at least got the
> charter let the majority role ( with no parting vote)..

The original charter did not go into CVS because it was not finalized in
terms of principle yet, this one somehow made it to CVS. That's fine,
but I will simply say this, all the points Chahine made, I am fully
backing. With one exception, the issue of volunteers. Other than the
fact that this is a charter, and not a manifesto or an overview (and
this version for some reason spends some time on defining Arabeyes as
opposed to the way Arabeyes functions).. I would suggest one of the two,
either:

1. Omit all parts defining Arabeyes project (and stick w/ defining how
Arabeyes functions, not what it is).
2. If it is ABSOLUTELY important to put in 'volunteers' only type of
thing, then you must note that it is Arabeyes, as a project, entity,
whatever, that does not pay/compensate volunteers for their work. A
given company may very well pay their develoeprs to participate in
Arabeyes projects.

The same goes for me, I feel that we have exhausted the subject well
beyond my capacity. Let's get it done with.

later