Re: [general] svn update = libknetworkmanager.po conflict

Problem solved; files committed successfully!

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 9:28 PM, Abderrahim Kitouni <a dot kitouni at gmail dot com> wrote:
Hello,

(you should probably not mail everybody like this)
OK!

            في ر، 18-01-2012 عند 20:55 +0200 ، كتب Abdalrahim Fakhouri:
> Hi all !!
>
> I have tried to do a 'svn update' before committing 3 files, one of
> which is extragear-base/libknetworkmanager.po
> but I get this error:
>
> Conflict discovered in 'extragear-base/libknetworkmanager.po'.
> Select: (p) postpone, (df) diff-full, (e) edit,
>         (mc) mine-conflict, (tc) theirs-conflict,
>         (s) show all options: p
>
> I pressed 'p' as you can see.
> What's next? and how can I fix this problem?!

The problem is that someone else (I guess a KDE script merging string
changes) changed the file between you checking out the file and
committing it. svn isn't generally good at merging po files, so you get
this conflict.

> How can I fix this problem ??

I guess the easiest way would be to move your file somewhere, svn update
then move it back. The script should merge the file with the new string
changes from KDE.

HTH,
Abderrahim

P.S. you should probably read a book about svn. See for example
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

--
A. Fakhouri