[general] "Tivoization" Translation

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I hope someone will
correct me if it isn't.

I have seen the term "Tivoization" over and over while translating gnu.org and
fsf.org pages, but I don't think there has been any 'approved' Arabic term
yet.

"Tivoization" is a technology that was born in 1999 with the "Tivo" device
that's built on top of some free components of the GNU/Linux operating system.
The Tivo had a nasty mechanism to stop working when a modified version is
installed (e.g. to break DRM).

Can someone please suggest a term for that?

Thanks!

--
Osama Khalid
"Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: What are you doing for