Re: Debconf5

Salam, very sorry for the late reply

On 5/9/05, Ossama Khayat <okhayat at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Salam all,
> So, Debconf5[1] is getting closer, and I'm still working on getting the visa to
> Finland.
> I called the embassy today, and they told me that it takes almost 10 days for
> the visa to be ready. I had to renew my passport and finish some other
> residence related issues before I could start working on getting the visa.
>
> More important, is that I don't really have much plans for this conference. All
> I know is that I've having a vacation from work for the whole month of July and
> will spend 2 weeks of them in Finland, as the conference actually starts July
> 1'st.
> Other than this, I really don't know in what way I could be of benefit to
> Arabeyes.

Wow. An entire month's vacation? :-)

> So, do you have any suggestions and/or plans for conferences in general? I know
> there are some presentations in the website, but what else do we have?

I've been neglecting work on the Arabeyes presentation but I hope to
take care of that soon. I don't know if you will be needing it though.
Once it is done and you find out you will need it then you should feel
free to change any parts of it, by unit or wholesale.

The most important plan you should have in this conference should be
to network. Talk to people, make friends, talk about Arabeyes,
problems we are facing etc...

We still don't know what form this conference will take. You will be
the best person to judge and probably only upon arrival how you may
best help Arabeyes by participating. We trust you will bring back the
goods and wont let us down :-)

Abdulaziz,