Re: Volunteers for verifying the quran data

From: Gregg Reynolds <gar at arabink dot com>
>Point taken.  Believe it or not I have a print out of the TEI docs from
>about 10 years ago laying around somewhere.  I hope they haven't changed
>it much.

The new TEI P5 version has substantial additions. It is a full revision of the guidelines. Escpecially they have added new features for manuscript description. Some of the new capabilities are attributes that have datatypes, improved handling of textual variants, new linking mechanisms, simplified user extensions and the ability to use non-TEI tagsets in TEI documents. Although TEI P5 final is not yet released. But if you want to start working with it, you can work with the latest snapshot of the guidelines from 23 June 2005:
http://www.tei-c.org/P5/Guidelines/

Kind regards,
Mete

--