Re: wikipage for reporting on translation

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:55:10 +0100
Youcef Rabah Rahal <y dot rahal at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Salam,
>
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:20:16 +0200, Alaa Abd El Fattah
> <alaa at manalaa dot net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > today I was testing the Mandrake Arabic Installer for the first
> > time, I found a couple of IMO bad translations, but I feel the
> > mailing list is not the best place to report on just 2 or 3 strings.
>
> Yeah, MDk translation needs a looong QA process.
>
> > best thing would be a wikipage to track bad/week translations and
> > maybe a wiki page to list difficult translations (we meet may of
> > these while trying to write or translate arabic documentation).
>
> I don't think you should bother with creating such a page, at least
> not before mdk translation is proof-read (since you will end up
> writing 50% of the strings at least ;). As for difficult translations,
> i believe this should be done under the QAC framework and not for a
> particular project.

oh you got me wrong, I'm not about to begin the process of reviewing
Mandrake translation at all, I just ran the installer and noticed a
couple of things, I'm too lazy to be involved in a proper QA process but
I thought it might help to collect anything I happen upon, if everyone
did the same we might end up helping QAC a little.

as for the difficult translation thing again what I had in mind was
things I stumble upon by coincidence, IE I'm writing a doc for EGLUG in
arabic, I need to say regular expression, I'm stuck and don't know what
to use, I look in qamoose and find no answer so I go to the wiki and
write down the word and whatever clumsy translations I thought of.

got me? I'm thinking of a way to collect casual feedback, wikis are
always a good place for casual feedback.

cheers,
Alaa
--
http://www.manalaa.net