Re: wikipage for reporting on translation

Salam,

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:20:16 +0200, Alaa Abd El Fattah <alaa at manalaa dot net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today I was testing the Mandrake Arabic Installer for the first time, I
> found a couple of IMO bad translations, but I feel the mailing list is
> not the best place to report on just 2 or 3 strings.

Yeah, MDk translation needs a looong QA process.

> best thing would be a wikipage to track bad/week translations and maybe
> a wiki page to list difficult translations (we meet may of these while
> trying to write or translate arabic documentation).

I don't think you should bother with creating such a page, at least
not before mdk translation is proof-read (since you will end up
writing 50% of the strings at least ;). As for difficult translations,
i believe this should be done under the QAC framework and not for a
particular project.

BTW, if you want to translate/proof-read mdk, i'd be very glad ;) Let me know.

Regards,

--
Youcef R. Rahal