Learning Arabic applications

John, I had a recent quickie conversation (on IRC) with Mohammed
Sameer regarding your recent trip to Cairo (hope you enjoyed it).
Mr. Sameer noted that you had interest in developing (or were
looking into) a flashcard type of system to learn Arabic from
(sorry if I misunderstood and/or read too much into his comments).

Were there any conclusive results from your inquires and do you
have any plans to develop such an application (we certainly feel
that a great deal of others looking to learn Arabic would most
certainly see benefit in this so we are all for it) ?  One simple
approach to take would be to look into creating a very simple
GUI-based teacher geared towards 5-year old kids (starting with
mere letters and numbers) and then build on that by adding all
sorts of bells and whistles to better cater to the older crowd.

Were any other topics of interest discussed or any plans made ?

BTW: I'm CC'ing the 'general' list in hopes of a wider audience.

Regards.