[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tanween variants and Unicode
- To: General Arabization Discussion <general at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Tanween variants and Unicode
- From: Gregg Reynolds <gar at arabink dot com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:46:30 -0500
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 (Windows/20050317)
Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya wrote:
But don't forget one thing, the 06df and 06E0 in only used in the
Madinah Mushaf in combination with alef, and only alef.
I don't know if my copy is Madinah or not, but in the end pages it gives
and example of "al-Sifr al-mustatiir" on a dotless ya.
But that is irrelevant, in my opinion. I am fundamentally and adamantly
opposed to the notion that well-established codepoints should be given
dual semantics. If you want new semantics, propose a new codepoint.