Re: Tanween variants and Unicode

Meor Ridzuan Meor Yahaya wrote:
But don't forget one thing, the 06df and 06E0 in only used in the
Madinah Mushaf in combination with alef, and only alef.

I don't know if my copy is Madinah or not, but in the end pages it gives and example of "al-Sifr al-mustatiir" on a dotless ya.

But that is irrelevant, in my opinion. I am fundamentally and adamantly opposed to the notion that well-established codepoints should be given dual semantics. If you want new semantics, propose a new codepoint.

-gregg