Re: Verbs (Arabic Conjugator a GO!!!)

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> --- Youcef Rabah Rahal <rahal at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> [...]
> > So, are you ready to import the files ? ;)
> >
> > Since you'll be the project's maintainer, you'll have the responsability
> > of respecting that condition ;) ie: Add that to the project's page,
> > README file etc etc etc.
> >
> > Let me know when you're ready,
>
> I'm ready when you are! I have the code, minus the database files. But
> thats ok for now. Ossama Al-Assiry modified the code a teensy bit to make
> it Linux compliant (but no confirmation that it is so) and generated a
> makefile and various other stuff that made the project look Linuxish. For
> better or worse, I've decided to drop most of those files (sorry Ossama)
> except for the GPL and the readme and the non-code stuff. Its waaaaay too
> early for that other stuff.

Great - I'd highly recommend you import (via Youcef's help and direction
as he's the "facilitator" that's assigned to you once your project page
and CVS location is setup) the code as it was given to you along with a
README and COPYING (ie. license file).  Once that is done change it as
you (and others) see fit.  The point here is it would be best to have
the initial import be as close to the original donated code as possible
for historical reasons (among others).

As for a name - make it simple, easy to spell and remember (float it here
along with say 2-3 other suggestions and see what people gravitate towards
unless you already have something in mind you'd like to use -- try to also
pick something unique (google should not return 1000s of hits on the picked
name if possible)).