Word Processing- English to Arabic

Salaam Y'all,

I really appreciate the English because I'm a beginning Arabic student. ;)

I am probably asking an elementary question, but my Arabic teacher is trying to put together a grammar (probably using MS Word) and he is having trouble formatting it from Arabic nouns on one side of a page to the English gloss on the other side, but I thought that the Linux gurus could recommend some non-MS product for which this might be easier...

I appreciate any help you tech guru's can supply. (I am also a newbie to Linux, and am using a Knoppix CD until I can understand enough to use a Linux dedicated machine, so I'm still a GUI dependent).

all the best,

Julie :)

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfeeŽ Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963