Re: Focus

Salam,

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 12:54, Ossama Khayat wrote:

> Sorry for jumping in,

OK. You're excused for this time ;-)

> but what's the _reality_ you're
> talking about? Are you saying "we wouldn't _find_ or
> there is _no_ one more capable than core"?

No. It simply means that if there's no radical change in the future
(concerning the way of working and sharing the tasks for ex), adding new (or
changing) people won't make a difference. It does NOT mean that there are not
capable (or even more capable) persons out there.

> Oh, please do.. Enlighten me (and others?) and tell me
> what is happening.
> I really respect Isam's self pull-off core.
> I, for one, talked with Nadim about _how_ one could be
> 'core' and think I'm still far away from that, and
> feel there _are_ others here that could (hopefully) do
> something if/when they get involved.

Read above.

> It's not a matter of being a Linux/Programming/etc
> guru, it's all a matter of leadership, good example,
> and dedication.

No one ever said so (For ex, I'm not what you could call me a guru in anything
:-)

> Yes, family and personal life has precedence, but
> sometimes _both_ those have to also understand that
> others can't do it without me, and I have to sacrifice
> a little more.

Everyone has priorities in this life, and that's their personal business. You
can't force anyone to 'sacrifice' or to volunteer if they have more urgent
priorities (family, career etc etc).

> My final word: If you feel you can't do the job,
> PLEASE step aside from core.

Sorry Ossama, but I don't understand your attitude. _NO ONE_ will be stepping
aside, and surely not that way !!!

Salam,

- --
Youcef R. Rahal