Re: Focus

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> > until this topic is settled and agreed upon (the
> first step to a solution
> > is admitting the existence of a problem).  If we
> are unable to take on
> > and fulfill the responsibilities as 'core' then we
> should try to find
> > another group of people more capable than us.  If
> there are questions with
>
> Heh.. Nadim, are you serious? Even with our lately
> sketchy performance,
> I guarantee that we would not be able to find 'more'
> capable people to
> take on the responsibilities of 'core'. This is
> simply a reality.

Sorry for jumping in, but what's the _reality_ you're
talking about? Are you saying "we wouldn't _find_ or
there is _no_ one more capable than core"?

> There
> are people I would love to see get onboard (we have
> discussed this in a
> previous meeting I believe).. we can't even get a
> stable KDE coordinator
> or .. oh don't get me started ;)

Oh, please do.. Enlighten me (and others?) and tell me
what is happening.
I really respect Isam's self pull-off core.
I, for one, talked with Nadim about _how_ one could be
'core' and think I'm still far away from that, and
feel there _are_ others here that could (hopefully) do
something if/when they get involved.

It's not a matter of being a Linux/Programming/etc
guru, it's all a matter of leadership, good example,
and dedication.

Yes, family and personal life has precedence, but
sometimes _both_ those have to also understand that
others can't do it without me, and I have to sacrifice
a little more.

My final word: If you feel you can't do the job,
PLEASE step aside from core.

Ossama