Re: SCS workshop results

--- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:
> I know I should report earlier what happened in the SCS workshop.

Great.  As a reminder, I still want to see the presentation you were
working on completed so we can include it in our repository for future
reference.  You will get that done, right ?

> Now, what is important to you is I have met AbdulRahman Aljadhai of SCS,
> Mohamed Alkanhal of kacst, Fayez Alhargan of kacst also. I discussed
> the Quran project and Font project with them. I will make a visit to Mr.
> Alkanhal in kacst inshallah soon to meet their font designer and speak
> about the Arabic issues.

Munzir, we VERY much would like to be in contact with them and make sure
to stress that.  It would be ideal if there was a single contact point from
KACST we can ping on for issues, etc (someone that will read _and_ return
emails).  We, as you are well aware, have a number of issues which they
can very promptly deal with (add "need the umm al-quora algorithm as the
umm_alquora.c file is being reimplemented" to your list :-).

> These guys are very cooperating and really willing to help. I will do my
> best to help them if they want to train some guys how to use cvs to help
> in translation. More to come ...

Great, as noted we need proper contact and consistent open communication
with a solid foundation based on email/remote contact.

BTW: QuranComplex gave us a "NO" when we prompted them for help (after close
     to 10-months of asking) - no reason was cited.