Re: Quran Applications: getting it certified

Salam,

> M.Yousif, could you please give us a date on when we can expect
> the following to be completed,
>
>  1. A completed missing Quranic glyph listing and examples
>     (ie. that doc I've been pestering you about) so we can
>     talk to unicode.org about their inclusion.

 Done.

>  2. A completed release of the Quran application so that we
>     can start the long and arduous process to get it certified
>     (we have 2 possible avenues to proceed with now).

  The code of libquran and qtquran is really usable and is almost ready
  for a release. Yhe problem is with completing the quran.ar.xml file to
  include the various Othmani symbols.

>  3. A reply to the recent post(s) on 'developer' from potential
>     serious contributors,
>

> http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/January/msg00007.html
>
> http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/February/msg00085.html
>
>  4. Please start a thread on 'developer' to talk about how the
>     data integrity will be insured (md5sum, gpg, etc) so that
>     the Quran application will ONLY work with authentic data
>     given all of this is open source, etc.

  Will do, boss.

> Do please stay on top if the application's issues and keep the
> community informed of its plan/schedule (and update the
> sub-project's blurbs).  Do please keep abreast of answering
> mails related to your application.

  Sorry, but when you open your email and find 300-500 emails waiting it
would
  be very likely to miss a few emails while filtering them by hand.
  I will try to open it more frequently to avoid that.

--
Mohammed Yousif
Egypt