Re: Quran Applications: getting it certified

--- Mohammed Yousif <mhdyousif at gmx dot net> wrote:
> > A couple of days ago I contacted some of the departments here in UAE
> > regarding getting the Quran application certified; at the end they
> > asked me to get the application on a CD so that they can inspect it
> > or do whatever they need to do.
>
> That is great!
> So, they are willing to take the time to certify whatever text we
> provide them with, right?  THAT IS GREAT, thanks a LOT for that.
>
> It's too early to make a CD right now, but that means that we can
> certify the application as a whole once it's rendered usable not
> only the text so if they can wait until we can finish the text
> we will be all set then.

M.Yousif, could you please give us a date on when we can expect
the following to be completed,

 1. A completed missing Quranic glyph listing and examples
    (ie. that doc I've been pestering you about) so we can
    talk to unicode.org about their inclusion.

 2. A completed release of the Quran application so that we
    can start the long and arduous process to get it certified
    (we have 2 possible avenues to proceed with now).

 3. A reply to the recent post(s) on 'developer' from potential
    serious contributors,

    http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/January/msg00007.html
    http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/February/msg00085.html

 4. Please start a thread on 'developer' to talk about how the
    data integrity will be insured (md5sum, gpg, etc) so that
    the Quran application will ONLY work with authentic data
    given all of this is open source, etc.

Do please stay on top if the application's issues and keep the
community informed of its plan/schedule (and update the
sub-project's blurbs).  Do please keep abreast of answering
mails related to your application.