Re: getting new members

I misunderstood you then.  Do please start a thread on this very topic on
'developer' list and let's get some attention on it.  Do please be direct
and give some command-lines, etc.  In other words, make it easy for people
to test things out (again, remember most don't even know what is involved
and not everyone (or anyone for that matter) might have the solution to
your problem(s) - that's where the research kicks-in).

well, thats what i did... i started a post on CUPS, asking if someone could confirm the no
printing issue...

> my point here is... im new, i dont know anything, how am i supposed to
> evaluate the Todo list and know what i can and cant do...

I think that's the part where one is supposed to ask questions and get
involved on what is needed/required, how can I help, etc.  Things you
(and others) have done to come up to speed and get yourselves engaged.
The welcome email (sent upon registration) notes this and stresses upon
this fact, no ?

well, asking questions does not mean you get the answers... http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2004/February/msg00084.html

I think its all of the above.  In passing, shaping is self-explanatory
once you look at a piece of code and now we have 2 - perl and C,

yes, i used VIM's code in PuTTy in a few hours... all i need was some 1 to point me to the right way...

http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/tools/shape_bidi/

What other docs are missing and would you be willing to write some of
'em to fill the need(s) that you came across ?  Mind you 90% of our
docs came about that way.

well, i was thinking of writing a tutorial, about shaping and BiDi, and all the stuff
i learned since i got here...
do i go ahead and write it and then show to u..? or show it to some1 else..??
or does it need some kind of OK from Arabeyes in general...

Feel free to tell us how best we can improve the entire process if
you continue to see deficiencies (we are not defending anything
beyond answering to the questions noted to start/continue a dialog).
Evolution and change is a must in order to keep ourselves relevant
as a project to cater to users' needs/wants.

BTW: do please stick to 80-characters max on a line.

i do stick to 80 chars, but i use Hotmail, and there is no indicator of the 80 thing,
so i do it by eyes...

ak...