Re: getting new members

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> well, thats what i did... i started a post on CUPS, asking if someone
> could confirm the no printing issue...

Do please restart/restate it again, this time with a bit more detail and
more instructions on what needs to be done.  In other words, what did
you do to make it print in the first place, etc.  Do _please_ start a
thread on 'developer' (remember, we are all learning ourselves here !!).

> well, asking questions does not mean you get the answers...
> http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2004/February/msg00084.html

There is 2 reasons why questions don't get answered,

 1. People don't know the answer
 2. The question is too confusing or makes no sense.

I read the question a few times and don't understand what you are asking.
You might want to always assume you are dealing with newbies and spell
things out more a bit (show samples and examples - those always work
best).

> well, i was thinking of writing a tutorial, about shaping and BiDi, and all
> the stuff i learned since i got here...
> do i go ahead and write it and then show to u..? or show it to some1
> else..??
> or does it need some kind of OK from Arabeyes in general...

No OK necessary.  If you have a bit of wisdom to share with others and/or
feel you can make someone else's experience in starting out less painful,
go for it and write it and show us the end result.  If you ever feel there
is a hole you can plug, tell us about it, tell us your plan and get it done.

> >BTW: do please stick to 80-characters max on a line.
>
> i do stick to 80 chars, but i use Hotmail, and there is no indicator of the
> 80 thing, so i do it by eyes...

Ouch - hotmail is truly evil :-)