Re: arabic wikipedia

--- Arafat Medini <lumina at silverpen dot de> wrote:
> I can tell a thousand of other arguments FOR a marriage btw wiki and
> Arabeyes. But let me say that we have AT LEAST to keep an eye on this.
> Our image is very high, so we have to be very open-eyed toward changes
> in the open source spectrum, it doesn't matter how little we are...

I agree with all that has been said but not under the Arabeyes umbrella.
As noted Arabeyes' mandate is _very_ specific and we plan to stick to it
else we run the risk of spreading ourselves too thin and losing focus.
There is nothing wrong in talking about this topic on this list and/or
to even getting people fired-up and excited about helping out and
submitting articles on all topics, etc to better populate the Arabic
Encyclopedia,

  http://ar.wikipedia.org

but again, we officially won't get engaged in the terms you might be
thinking about (due to focus and number of active participants, etc).
Arabeyes encourages all that are interested to help out (please do !).
We also encourage the creation of an Open Source Arabic website that
would note such projects and recruit for them as well as disseminate
news and info about all Open Source projects that relate to Arabs and
Arabic alike.