Re: im new here...

--- ahmad khalifa <ahmadkhalifa at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> but then, i couldnt find anything else... Mr. Nadim told me on #arabeyes
> about the BiDi Algorithm
> on Unicode's website, but thats done by the FriBiDi Lib (as i understand),
> so i dont need the
> Specification.
> on the TODOs i find things like "needs shaping", etc...
> so.. whats shaping..? how do i add BiDi support..? how do i make a program
> display buttons with
> Arabic text..??  where can i find all that information...???

The Bidi specification is that document on the unicode.org website.  As for
'shaping' it is the act of "joining" the various Arabic letters together
based on their position (ie. if you don't shape, then you end-up with
stand-alone non-connected (non-joined) Arabic characters).

> in my opinion the power of MS Visual C++ lies in the MSDN (documentation
> library), without the
> MSDN, Visual C++ wouldnt be harnessed...

Since you seem to have lots of Windows experiance (or more familiar with
it at least), maybe you can give Mr. Musab Al-Rawi a hand as he is working
with PuTTY (and learning as he goes).  Make sure to read his recent posts
on the 'developer' list and chime-in (ie. mail him) if you are interested
in reading more and learning a bit of how windows does all of this so
we can work around it ;-)