im new here...

hello all...

my name is ahmad khalifa, im an egyptian living in cairo, i've just joined Arabeyes hoping to
contribute to the Arabization process...
im new to Linux in general, i've just started with it a few moths ago.
im a computer science student at AAST, so i've been programming under windows for a few
years now. mostly in VC++ and Java, and a little VB, and ASP, and ASM and other things...

i have read the developer-HOWTO and translator-HOWTO and cvs-HOWTO, which i found
very helpfull, Good job done there by the writers... very profesional and informative documents...
but then, i couldnt find anything else... Mr. Nadim told me on #arabeyes about the BiDi Algorithm
on Unicode's website, but thats done by the FriBiDi Lib (as i understand), so i dont need the
Specification.
on the TODOs i find things like "needs shaping", etc...
so.. whats shaping..? how do i add BiDi support..? how do i make a program display buttons with
Arabic text..?? where can i find all that information...???

in my opinion the power of MS Visual C++ lies in the MSDN (documentation library), without the
MSDN, Visual C++ wouldnt be harnessed... i think that the arabization process lacks efficient
and essential documentation (maybe its there and i dont know it)...
maybe i'll "use the Force... and read the Code".... :-)....

anyway im glad i joined this community and hope to offer any help... currently i think i can use
KBabel and understand POT files so i think im going to try some translation first...

ak..