Re: Unicode Quranic Glyphs Proposal

--- Mohammed Yousif <mhdyousif at gmx dot net> wrote:
>  Just saw FD3C and FD3D and realized that we need 4 more glyphs:
>   + U+FD40 Arabic Ligature Alef with Sequential Fathatan Final Form
>       Surat Al-An'aam (6) verse 151 - إحساناً، شيئاً
>       Surat Al-An'aam (6) verse 153 - مستقيماً
>       Surat Al-An'aam (6) verse 159 - شيعاً

I'm not sure we really need them as the sequential fathatan stand-alone
ought to do the job.  But I agree that since FD3C and FD3D already exist
I guess we need to add what you note above as well.  I'm not arguing,
just thinking out-loud :-)

>   + U+FD41 Arabic Ligature Alef with Sequential Fathatan Isolated Form
>       Surat Al-An'aam (6) verse 158 - خيراً

Done.

>   U+FD42 Arabic Ligature Alef with Fatha with Small Meem Final Form
>       Surat Al-An'aam (6) verse 140 - سفهاً

Done.

>   U+FD43 Arabic Ligature Alef with Fatha with Small Meem Isolated Form

I've added this to the doc but without an example.  We need the corresponding
sura/aya to go with it please else we should not ask for it.

>  Another thing is glyph 8.0 in the proposal, it should be
>  U+065F (my mistake, sorry).

Corrected.

The proposal is updated (URL below) - let me know what you think and
please update the corresponding font file with all these new glyphs
so we can ship 'em both soon :-)

  http:/www.arabeyes.org/~nadim/tmp/qu_prop.pdf

Do you think I should move these new glyph under the appropriate
diacritics ?  For instance, move item-9 and item-10 to be
right below item-1 (would it make more sense like that) ?

Mohammed, keep up the _great_ work !!