Re: english part of arabic free/open-source font is ugly

--- Moayyad Al-Sadi <double_bksp at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Did any one notice that the english letters in arabic
> ar_* kasc_* fonts is very ugly?
> I think we could copy past the english part from any
> open source/free fonts like sans/serf... to have
> perfect font

We are well aware of this problem on the ae_* fonts and I
as recently as about a week ago tried for a good 2 days to
solve this issue by replacing the latin glyphs with others
(thinking the problem was with the glyphs).  Needless to say,
(I know very little about fonts) the entire ugliness is coming
from the hinting or lack-thereof.

  http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/April/msg00107.html

As such we really need some accomplished font designers that
know what they are doing to help out.  If there are any in the
audience that can simply tell us what to do, we'd be more than
happy to comply.