Reading Arabic Characters on Sun OS

Hi All,

I am trying to train English-Arabic (which is in UTF-8) using some tools
written in C++ for MT.

The tool works fine on Linux Machines and also on Sun 5.8 However when I
try to use the same files with the same tool on Sun 5.6, it gives me an
error while trying to read some arabic characters.

I am not sure what's causing the error. But from what is seems when the
program encouters a \311 character with locale set to C it does not like
it and throws the error. I am not sure what is the equivalent of \311 in
arabic.

If someone has come across a similar problem, please let me know.

Thanks,
Hemali