Re: Windogz & utf-8

--- Ahmad Al-rasheedan <asr at baldi dot cc> wrote:
> Every time a friend that uses Windogz send me a message in Arabic I
> have to switch my kmail to Windogz-1265 char set to read it and then
> switch it back to utf-8. Any reason microsoft NOT using utf-8 by default?

They will try as hard as possible to use their Dogz (Windogz-1256 and other
Windogz/M$ standards).
For example, XSD (Extensible Schema Definition) is a great open standard
created by W3C and widely used. Instead of using that, they created XDR
(Extensible Data Reduced (AFAIK)) and wanted to force its use, but then they
discovered it was not good enough and fall back to XSD!!!

So, it's just a MicroZeft thing :)

=====
regards,
Ossama Khayat