Re: Samba Arabic support

Salam Mohammed:

I can assure you that Samba 3.0 supports UTF-8 and does support Arabic on linux. could you shed some light on what you are using for a client, server setup.

I have tested Samba 3.0 with XFS file system and all worked well. No problems there...

Anmar

Mohammed Sameer wrote:

<<snip>>

Ok now Why's and How's but Is's.
Is your other OS windows XP, 2000, 2003?

yes, winXP

If not (which means 9x or Me) the filenames aren't encoded in utf-8 (may be is08859-6) and hence you can display it properly from linux. If this argument is wrong please send me privately your smb.conf file.

didn't get it!!