Re: Samba Arabic support

On Monday 05 April 2004 05:40 am, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 03:31:14AM -0400, Munzir Taha wrote:
> > Samba 3 supports Unicode on filenames. I tried to view my Arabic
> > filenames in a windows share but failed to do it. I also failed to find a
> > good explanation of the procedure. If any one can do it, i will
> > appreciate it. Or else we need to file a bug. Any experience here?
>
> It works fine here, even with samba2
> and don't ask me how or why!
Ok now Why's and How's but Is's.
Is your other OS windows XP, 2000, 2003?
If not (which means 9x or Me) the filenames aren't encoded in utf-8 (may be
is08859-6) and hence you can display it properly from linux. If this argument
is wrong please send me privately your smb.conf file.

--

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distro/mdkarabicsupport.html
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA