Arappix

To start with, it is great that the initiative has been taken on the
creation of an Arabic Linux LiveCD. This will undeniably be the best
show-and-tell tool for showcasing the Free and Open Source model to
Arabic speakers. I do have a few comments to make, though however blunt
or terse they may appear, they imply no lack of appreciation for the
endeavour and especially those behind the scenes.

- Naming: As we know the letter 'P' does not exist in Arabic. Or at
least not any more (phonetically transformed into 'F'?). Perhaps it
would be more appropriate to adopt a name that could be correctly
scribed and pronounced in the intended language, eg Arabix (with a
'ain)?

- Modularity: from my limited knowledge, Morphix - which I never tried -
would appear to be a more modular solution upon which customisation
layers can be built. If that is the case, then the issue of
maintainability should be simplified. The project certainly expresses a
core aim of increasing 'forkability' of the knoppix method. This way we
can probably have a two layer approach with a base Arabeyes 'library'
module containing fonts, bidi stuff, etc, followed by several optional
interface-centric modules sitting on top (GNOME, KDE, XFCE4, etc).

Ra'id