Re: Arappix (was - Arabic Linux Background)

Hi

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 08:45:29 -0700 Anmar Oueja <anmar at canada dot com> wrote:
>On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 00:50, Ahmad Twaijry wrote:
>>
>> InSh'a Allah I will not disappear :)
>>
>> here is some nice picture of openoffice.org1.1rc1 in Knoppix (or
>should
>> I say Arappic :) )
>>
>> http://www.al-hdhd.net/up/files/msx-1062394423.jpg
>> http://www.al-hdhd.net/up/files/msx-1062394601.jpg
>> http://www.al-hdhd.net/up/files/msx-1062394661.jpg
>> http://www.al-hdhd.net/up/files/msx-1062394699.jpg
>> http://www.al-hdhd.net/up/files/msx-1062394742.jpg
>>

>Great Screen Shots. These belong to the Debian-Arabic Package of
>OpenOffice 1.1 ?

Yes (because knoppix is based in debian)

>BTW, did you have any trouble with the arabic version of OpenOffice
>1.1

I didn't test openoffice too much in knoppix but I am using it in my
linux (to write all my documents) and I don't have any problem in openoffice
with arabic files

>? Missing translated strings ? spelling mistakes... etc.

http://www.al-hdhd.net/up/files/msx-1062394661.jpg (the pciture will
answer your question :) )

>I was told that the localization effort for OpenOffice was supported
>and
>done by Sun Originally. They are making an arabic version of OpenOffice
>(StarOffice) and launching it in the Middle East.
>

>How about the KDE localization. Was it complete ?

The kde menu is great but some (very few) knoppix menu need to be translated
so I will left it for you :)

> Have you tested GNOME localization ?

There is no GNOME in knoppix CD (you can install it but remember you
only have 700 Mb in the CDs :( )