Re: mlterm with arabic / QT-LyX

--- Alberto Corbi Bellot <alberto_corbi at terra dot es> wrote:
> I'm still haven't been able to make mlterm working with arabic
> (printing arabic file names with the "ls" command, editing in
> arabic with joe, nano, vi, etc...)

You need to make sure that fribidi is included (ie. configured)
during your mlterm compile process.  You should also read this
document carefully and let us know if you still have problems.

http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/howto/arabic-howto-en/xwindows.html#XTERMINALS

BTW: I start my mlterm with the following options (just FYI).

 $ mlterm -E utf8 --meta=esc --fontsize=20 &

The monospaced font that is noted within (and this should be
included in the document - Mohammed ?) can be found here,

  http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Khotot
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/arabeyes/ae_fonts_mono.tar.bz2?download

As for getting the "ls" command to work make sure to use a newer
version of 'ls'.  I'm using "GNU fileutils 3.12" and so doing a,

 $ ls -N
  or
 $ ls --literal

works.  You should see Arabic UTF-8 filenames (else they appear as
question marks).

Hope that helped and sorry for the delay.

PS: for those on the list - do please help people when they ask; that's
    what the list is here for :-)