Re: Arabbix - now what

--- Mostafa Hussein <mostafa at linux-egypt dot org> wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:29:11 -0700 (PDT)
> "Nadim Shaikli" <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
>
> > Anmar, I think we need to continue on Arabbix but not with the
> > previous zest, furver and lack of sleep (but continue in earnest
> > nonetheless). I think the following are needed urgently,
>
> Please, Please, Please continue working frivolously on it.

This is most certainly the plan - Anmar is feeling a bit under the weather
(ie. he's sick) and inshalla as soon as he's back to full power, we'll CVS
all that we have and try to pick up (collectively) and plan on how to
proceed.  One thing became very evident from the previous releases - we'll
need more people involved and we'll need alot more contributors and testers.
Stay tuned...

> I am telling you this, Arabbix is the most powerfull open
> source weapon in the region. It is a weapon of mass switching!!

Heheehehe - you should trade mark that slogan :-)

 "Arabbix - Arabeyes' Weapon of Mass Switching"

> Arabbix will have a successfull niche market in the region. What I think
> should be improved though is the ability to choose the place you live
> in, in the arab world. So for example if you are in lebanon the time
> zone should be set appropriatly and the calender should be set to the (I
> don't know its name, aylool, hozayran, etc..). Also when the distro is
> installed on the harddrive and I want to install new software, could
> synaptics UI be arabized and could the packages (at least the most
> important ones) have an arabic discription ?

In terms of the location setting - report this as a bug (use Arabeyes'
bugzilla - http://bugs.arabeyes.org) as for synaptics UI, start a new
thread to get a consensus on the topic and to see who can bring it forth
to reality - ie. who's interested in helping (I'm guessing the 'doc'
mailing-list would be the appropriate place to do that).

Salam all.