Re: Feedback, distro, and other issues

Salam,

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 09:22, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > - The distro project: we are still trying to compile a good page with
> > the linux arabization. Current ideas are to certify applications with
> > colors (red,orange,yellow,green,blue).
>
> I'd stick to numbers (say 5 being best and 1 being worst or similar).
> Colors are confusing (at best) and numbers (of anything - stars, camels,
> figs, etc) are a great deal clearer.
Colors will have a better appeal in the page, if you can glance quickly
at the apps colored green or blue and use these (coloring their names in
the apps page). But I was also thinking of grading apps on a stars
scale, so we only use 4 or 5 stars, so I can live with that, if it is a
must. Otherwise I would be happy to keep my colors, anyone comment?
> > - The distro project (3): In order to give room for more participation
> > of the community (==myself less participating), a todo list will be
> > setup.
>
> Say it aint so - the todo list/file is great, but I hope you will continue
> with this (at a min until the first release of all that we've planned to
> accomplish is released).
I should have explained myself better. I would like further commitment
from the community to the importance of the applications list and the
standardization work. I want them to feel its theirs, but I am not
diminishing my contribution in size - rather in percentage.
More explanation: I will still be a maintainer of the project. The todo
list will contain more or less:
1. There must be some people to certify apps for arabization. It will be
very simple, but it needs to be done.
2. People to certify distros.
and various other things. 1 and 2 should be done by a variety of people
as possible.
More explanation will be when we setup the todo list, of course.

--
Muhammad Abdulmuneim Alkarouri
Teaching Assistant