Re: KPrayertime

assalaamu `alaykum
someone who knows something about RPMs - excellent!

> You need to correct this line
> #%defattr(-, root, root)
> in your spec file to show:
> %defattr(-,root,root,0755)
>
> It's better to set BuildRoot: to
> BuildRoot:	%{_tmppath}/%{name}-buildroot
> in your spec file and defind name on top ;)

will do...

> I also faced this problem
> [root at localhost munzir]# rpm -ba rpm/SPECS/kprayertime.kdevelop.spec
> error: File /usr/src/RPM/SOURCES/kprayertime-0.99.tar.gz: No such file or
> directory
>
> You need to replace all occurrences of
> /usr/share/ in your spec file with
> %_datadir

will do...

> You need to change the Group to show
> Group: Sciences/Other
> Note: Groups should be extracted from
> /usr/share/doc/rpm-4.2/GROUPS
> for Mandrake at least, (Redhat has different Groups BTW)

mm, I couldn't find an appropriate category, is this the best in your opinion?
Do you know an appropriate Red hat category?

> Fix the url
> http://freshrpms.net/docs/fight.html
> http://freshrpms.net/docs/fight/
>
> Fix the line
> Copyright: GPL
> License: GPL (I don't know why in Mandrake it's different. BTW: I am not
> experienced in making rpms but this is just my humble knowledge up to this
> minute)

will do....

> Removed
> Vendor: haq
> Since this will be
> Vendor: MandrakeSoft when made official

yep...

> I also recommend you take a look at this link:
> http://peoples.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/mdk-rpm-howto/mdk-rpm.html
>
> I also face these errors while trying to buil from source:
> mkdir -p -- /usr/local/kde/share/doc/HTML/en/kprayertime
> mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/local/kde': Permission denied
> make[3]: *** [install-nls] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/munzir/rpm/BUILD/kprayertime-0.99/doc/en'
> make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2
>
> May be because you have written
> ac_default_prefix=${KDEDIR:-/usr/local/kde
> in your config file.

mm, any suggestions what I should write? Or just take it out altogether?

> I suggest you change the Windows Bitmap pictures to PNG or whatever more
> standardized format ;) I mean these two files:
> kpt.bmp
> kpt16.bmp

why didn't I think of that???

> Regarding the time, today is 27 November in Saudi Arabia Ishaa prayer at
> 18:34 according to the official notes whereas kprayertime shows 19:07 just
> as an example, any comments here?

Did you set the location to the correct lat/long? Assuming you did, can you
check that the maghrib time matches correctly? -  I'll be _very_ suprised if
there is more than a minute's discrepancy. Incidentally, I add one minute to
the calculated times, as there is a possible 30 second error in rounding and
I don't want to be responsible for anyone praying their salat too early on my
account. (I need to change this for shuruq, to a subtraction of one minute).
Then, assuming the maghrib time is correct,  the calculation code I am using
(which I didn't write myself) either adds 90 minutes to the maghrib time or
provides the time when the sun is 18 degrees below the horizon. In Saudi I
can only presume that they use neither of these techniques. Other brothers
are investigating these issues and I look forward to seeing their research.
Thanks for letting me know as after over 1000 downloads I've had no other
feedback on this issue!

Please, to all concerned, all constructive criticism and improvements are
gratefully accepted. Now is the time too, as Amin and I hope to release
version 1.0 shortly.

wassalaam
abdulhaq