Re: Hijri Library

Just for the record:

1. Neither me nor Behdad is interested in prayer times. We are only
interesting in official Hijri calendars of the countries who do have an
official Hijri calendar. We believe a library implementing those
calendars has a good chance to get incorporated in mainstream Linux
distribution like Red Hat, while a prayer times tool doesn't have any.

2. We are still waiting for the result of an Iranian government project
for a free specification and a free reference implementation for Iran's
Solar and Lunar Hijri calendars. Until then, we can't contribute much,
but we can work on the the common infrastructure. (I am not on the
'general' mailing list, only on 'developer', so I appreciate if the
discussion about this moves there or a new mailing list gets created for
the issue.)

Thanks for re-raising the issue,

roozbeh