Re: Akka Open Issues & Todos

--- Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:
> > >  - Akka
> > >    + Need a complete rewrite of current project
> > >    + Need to reduce dependencies and code bloat
> > >    + Need to make it more portable (not only linux-centric)
> > >    + Need to look into the 'farsi' application as a possible
> > >      replacement
>
> > + Need to make it use configure (autoconf) if not
> > already use, can any one say for sure.
> > + Need to consider endianess and word size (that is:
> > don't presupposing 32bit x86)
>
> I made a patch but didn't submit it. Akka is currently what
> I am trying on.  What is the farsi application btw, any link?

Unfortunately I don't have one handy.  I know for a fact that
Behdad wrote it (he's CC'ed) and that both Samy and Elzubeir
looked into it and had made some decisions on how to proceed.
Why things didn't progress is beyond me as I believe they
really made an effort on this front.  Here is a broken link
to the application mentioned,

  http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2002/January/msg00046.html

The name 'Farsi' is rather lacking in capturing a unique status
for this application - a search reveals a heap of non-related
issues (as would any search on a general global language).
Behdad's page doesn't seem to mention it either (or maybe I
missed it),

  http://behdad.org

Let's hope one of the three mentioned people above replies to
get the ball rolling again.  I heard very good things about the
'farsi' (please, lets have a different more enveloping name)
for this application.